When The Kite String Pops review by Acid Bath

• Released: Aug 8, 1994
Acid Bath: When The Kite String Pops

The uniqe sound of Acid Bath combines doom, sludge, and thrash metal all in one. I have yet to find another band that even reminds me of them. Unlike a lot of metal bands, where every song sounds the same, each song is uniqe in it's own way. Some have a more fast pace sound of thrash, some are slow and heavy, and there is even an acoustic song on the album (and it is actually Very good). And Everyone that I have recomended this album to was far from dissapointed.

They lyrics from acid bath are dark and 99% of them time very peverse. Often times reffering to death, killing, and abortion. It takes a lot to fully grasp what they mean. The lead vocalist Dax Riggs (Agents Of Oblivion, Dead Boy And The Elephantmen) is by far one of my favorite singers. With ear shattering screams (with a little help from Sammy Duet of course) and a clean melodic voice, he has a wide range of vocal styles. He is often reffered to as "the satanic son of Jim Morrison". It is no doubt that Jim Morrison is one of his inspirations. An exaple is the song Scream Of The Butterfly. Which is also one of them ending lyrics from the song When The Musics Over, by the Doors

This is without a doubt one of the best and criminally underated metal albums of all time. Every song is great, and if you decide to purchase it it will be one of the best albums you have ever invested in. You can listin to it from start to finish without even changing a song. The only flaw in it are very minor, and most likly you wont even care to point them out. If you like metal in general you will enjoy this work of art.

Shadowplay13
    just checked them out and not what i expected at all...i believe it from their other album but venus blue is amazing
    SixStrings
    I am not a big fan of metal, but I am a fan of some of Dax Riggs work, as he is an extremely talented vocalist! I have seen him live with his former band "Deadboy And The Elephantmen", and his solo project as well. If you are not into metal, check out some of Dax Rigg's other projects, as I said before amazing singer/songwriter!
    SharpObject
    I agree with everything here. But why does it look like it was written by a teenager on a blog? C'mon
    jcthomasva
    Not big on this album at all, but Agents of Oblivion is amazing. If you're not into the thrash metal stuff and like melody and good vocal work, check out Dax Riggs post-Acid Bath (solo, Agents, Deadboy).
    ThePushMan
    I've owned this album for about 5-6 years now and still listen to it at least once a week.
    animemetalhead
    Just heard for the first time. Reminds me a little of Type O Negative, but great never the less.
    Muser9909
    I mean, for me, "Cheap Vodka" makes Deicide sounds like a cheaper version of Barbie Girl of AQUA. I never listened something more diabolical than this in my life.