Tumuli Shroomaroom review by Acrimony

• Released: May 26, 1997
Acrimony: Tumuli Shroomaroom

Acrimony was a British stoner metal band formed in 1991 and disbanded in 1999, they was, and are one of the gods of desert metal with Kyuss. Only 2 albums of studio, but one very, very important, "Tumuli Shroomaroom" is remembered, and considered a total masterpiece of the genre without a doubt. First, the sound in this album, is amazing, the stoner-doom bass and guitar works are dope, is like Electric Wizard colaborating with Kyuss perfectly, dirty, strong, brutal, amazing and creative, and also, the best of them are the effects, specially the dopest guitar in "Vy," simply, don't forget about the solos, a pleasure for the ears, directly. In other place, the battery production is amazing, slow, fast, hard, doom-stoned and very great. But this is not at all, "Tumuli Shroomaroom" offers dope, psychedelic and desertic landscape like if this could been an album by Kyuss, are pure drug, and my question is, how gonna could been listen to this album if one was drugged by all tips of drugs? Haha. Listen to this masterpiece if you wanna answer the question.

Maybe the young voice of Dorian Walters not be the principal attention of this album, but the lyrics, simply are epic, immerses you to another world, and more accompanied with the music, are simply dope, is an desertic adventure, the things founded in lyrics are sick psychedelic themes, and things difficult to understand, others like the drug consume, specially in "Vy" are described, I've gonna describe more words, but I've got nothing more, the Instrumentation is the principal best of the album.

I have to say "Tumuli Shroomaroom" is one of the best albums of the stoner metal in history, very, very underrated, even 100 more times than Kyuss, is a masterpiece, the landscapes, guitar works and psychedelic themes are simply dope, and deeply intense, in sometimes, I feel this album is so much better than the albums by his brothers Kyuss, but that is questionable and probably maybe much people are disagreed with me but that is just my opinion. Is slow, is beautiful, is intense, dark, strong, immerses you to an other passages that you haven't listened with the Kyuss era, or maybe a little, but listen to this, is pure drug, pure stoner rock, and is unforgettable. The best songs on the album, or better described, the best stoner-hymns on the album are: "Hymns to the Stone," "Million Year Summer," "Vy," "Find the Path" and "Firedance." No more words, listen to this masterpiece, a ten in all cases.