For Your Entertainment Review

Adam Lambert: For Your Entertainment
Released: Nov 23, 2009
Genre: Pop rock, electropop
Label: RCA
This is Adam Lambert's debut album after coming runner up in American Idol.
 7.2
 8.7
 5.6
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
For Your Entertainment Reviewed by: car crash heart, on july 02, 2010

Sound: This is Adam Lambert's debut album after coming runner up in American Idol. It has to be the only idol album/ songs that I've liked. It's a pretty decent pop album, with hints of glam rock. There are a diverse range of songs, from ballads to up-beat tracks that just make you want to dance. There were too many ballads though, hearing so many was slightly draining. A wide range of people collaborated with Adam Lambert and thus the songs all sound different from each other, from 'Fever', written by Lady Gaga to 'Soaked', written by Matt Bellamy which not surprisingly sounds a lot like Muse. A lot of the sounds are synth generated but I was pleasantly surprised when I heard two guitar solos in 'Music Again' and 'Sleepwalker'. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics were about average, some songs were pretty good, others not so much. The majority of the lyrics were easy to understand, especially the up-beat songs. Lambert co-wrote four of the songs including 'Strut', while I don't mind the song, I found how all the lines in the verse's rhymed annoying. Some on the lyrics Adam Lambert's voice was probably one of the best things about the album and made up for any short falls in the lyrics. His voice is powerful and he has a good falsetto. The way he sung suited the songs too, emotional for the ballads but also full of attitude and well (it has to be said) campy were needed. // 9

Overall Impression: This might not be my favourite album but I did thoroughly enjoy it and considering it came from an ex-idol it's actually decent. My favourite songs would have to be 'Fever', Whatya want from me', 'If I had you' and 'Sleepwalker'. Some of the most entertaining parts was when Lambert was clearly being himself and having fun with it 'So I got my boots on, Got the right amount of leather, And I'm doing me up with a black coloured liner'. The only thing I didn't like was that there was so many ballads. I would buy the album again if it was lost or stolen and would recommend it to anyone who like pop music (even slightly). // 9

Comments