For Ever [EP] Review

Adamantra: For Ever [EP]
Released: Oct 18, 2006
Genre: Progressive/Power Metal
Label: Tunerail
Adamantra is progressive metal band from Finland. It's pretty new so it's not very well known. Their music isn't too hard to listen - like some really weird progressive bands are. They also don't play like "hey look what I can do!".
 3.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
For Ever [EP] Reviewed by: zannibal, on january 17, 2012

Sound: Adamantra is progressive metal band from Finland. It's pretty new so it's not very well known. Actually, I don't know anyone who has ever heard of it. But that doesn't make the music bad. It starts with some neo-classical melody thing. Their music isn't too hard to listen - like some really weird progressive bands are. They also don't play like "hey look what I can do!". This EP has only 3 songs (well, 4 actually, but last one is just radio edit of one of the songs). First one is pretty slow one with a lot of singing. Second one is also slow one. It reminds me of Symphony X and Stratovarius. Last song called "Ungiven" is pretty damn fast. Cool riffing and really fast playing at some parts. I really don't know what to say. It doesn't sound bad at all, but it doesn't make me feel like "I'm coming!" like Symphony X's "Divine Wings Of Trage" did. // 8

Lyrics: There's no lyrics written anywhere in booklet, so I just review the singing. Singer is pretty... Ok. He sounds like typical power metal singer without high screams. A bit like Timo Kotipelto, just not that high voice. Once again it just doesn't give you any special feeling. It's just like yeah... He's not bad but that's it. // 7

Overall Impression: Adamantra has released one album, but I haven't heard it yet so I can't compare to anything. It's pretty good, specially when you can get it for almost free. Definitely not my favorite progressive metal band. But if you're into Stratovarius stylish music, check this one out. // 7

Comments