Adema review by Adema

• Released: Aug 21, 2001
Adema: Adema

Sound-wise, Adema's first album is nothing short of excellent, for a nu-metal group. Take some great guitar riffs, emotional vocals, and tight bass and drum work, and you have Adema's self-titled. It's no masterpiece, but for a nu-metal album it certainly is a good listen. Production quality is great, and the songs are structured really well. The sound in general is like a blending of Korn and Linkin Park, so if you like them bands you will like this album by Adema.

Hehehe, the lyrics, what can I say, the lyrics are very nu-metal, but I must say they do work well with the songs. Very similar to Korn-type lyrics, in that they are mostly dark and angry (thought a bit too emo sometimes). Singer Mark Chavez uses a good variety of vocal types (normal singing, growling, yelling, whispering, screaming, talking) to convey the mood/theme of the songs. Has a very similar voice to Korn's singer, Jonathon Davis. In fact, they are step-brothers, but believe me Chavez is no rip-off, and this album proves that.

I think it is possibly one the best nu-metal albums ever released, simply because every song is solid and composed well, and because Adema bring originality to their songs. It's right up there with Korn's self-titled, Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, and Slipknot's Iowa. Though it does have a few small flaws (I just wish they did a few mad guitar solos), the majority of it is great. It really brings something good to the nu-metal scene. The best tracks are "Drowning," "Giving In," and "Pain Inside." For anyone who loves nu-metal, this CD is a must-have.