Kill The Headlights review by Adema

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
Adema: Kill The Headlights

Adema for me was one of the first punk/grudge rock bands to meet my ears. I've always kind of been into a sort of alternative/screamo type genre and I must say some of their songs met me as a refreshing change. I still love my musical taste but some particular songs such as All These Years and Brand New Thing really stuck with me! Their beat seems to have that kind of '80s impression with their drums seeing you listen to certain songs and don't really pay attention to the rhythm yet with Adema's songs you can't seem to stop tapping right along with them. Something interesting I notices while viewing upon Adema's new CD "Kill The Headlights" is that when using their base they like to mix it right in with they're lyrics unlike you'd do with say power chords and solo's in particular. They're base seems to complement the vocals as well as visa versa.

Considering they do share some of their Screamo skills with their fans they don't seem to co-exist the two, being Vocals and screamo together as well with one another such as The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus or say Underoath and Senses Fail. Although I do truelly love the way they use their backup singers/vocals. They somewhat remind me of how Sum 41 likes to put their lyrics together at the same time and give it an new interesting view of the entire song. A great example of that would also be "Feeling This" by Blink 182 where they take the chorus and another verse and use them to complement one another. They seem to give you something new with every song but with the clever mix of simple solo licks and verses as well as the dramatic power chords their sound seems to mesh well. It isn't anything special in particular excluding like I said with the base. Excluding one song that I noticed that particularly stood out. On Days Go By the solo (2:22-2:33) and then the solo mixes with a series of power chords seemed to help make the words stick out in ways that you must listen and it just doesn't seem to let go. Personal impression of coarse! As for the singers voice, he's good but it's just a voice. He kinda reminds of Lost Prophets lead singer but I haven't listened to them in a few weeks.

I believe this new CD "Kill The Headlights" Represents they're music with flying colors as well as gives you a variation of their skill towards music. As I said before some of their songs where preferred by me but hey, I'm picky! I believe without a doubt that no matter what kind of music your into excluding a specific few genre's that you will enjoy at least 1 song on this CD. It probably depends on your point of view for the most impressive songs on this CD but as I said before on the sound section of this review I enjoy "All These Years" and "Brand New Thing" most of all compared to the rest of songs on this album. If there was no other way to get those songs via iTunes or some other way that is legal, that's how I like to do things then I would most definatly go get this CD again.

drenvital
    After their original vocalist left i stopped listening and btw its BASS not BASE
    fonsaceme21
    Luke Cariccioli or somethin like that. He was their second singer. Mark Chavez was their first singer, who was unbelievable. Now their third singer is Bobby Reeves, who is also anothr talented singer. Check out what this guy can do by buyin their new album, Kill the Headlights. U won't be disappointed.
    RockMusicFan
    This may not be the best Adema album, but it's a lot better than Planets. Also, they are a lot better live with Bobby Reeves as the singer.
    skindred
    fonsaceme21 wrote: Hey evrybody! This CD is really good, cause it's nice 2 see Adema coming back into their previous sound w/ Chavez. I highly recommend that evrybody should go out and purchase this CD. Give this talented group the support they deserve! I def give this album a 10 outa 10!!
    the only album that gets 10/10 for me was pantera - cowwboys from hell.
    ready2breakdown
    i hope this is a joke, or a CD mix-match or something, because Adema resembles NOTHING of PUNK at all!
    Neloangelo818
    i just listened to one of the new songs on the myspace. its NOT anything like punk, screamo or any of the genres listed in the review. its got some industrial elements and is still sub par nu metal.
    fonsaceme21
    Seth Shadows
    Ivory_Soul wrote: The new singer is Bobby Reeves from former band Level. They got their new guitarist from Level as well...Ed Faris.
    not so bad then.
    Psycho Pigeon wrote: the old singer was Jonathan davis' half bother right?
    Ivory_Soul
    Ivory_Soul
    How DARE they compare Adema to such lowly garbage as Screamo and punk! Adema is alternative heavy metal! Is this guy reviewing this lost it?
    Seth Shadows
    And also. Screamo? wtf? that's not a genre. "They're" should be replaced by "their". Did Luke Caraciolli come back. because that'd suck.
    frozensoul
    FINALLY THEY'VE COME OUT W/ KILL THE HEADLIGHTS, I HOPE IT'S AS GOOD AS THEIR SELF TITLED ALBUM
    ghost_killaz
    After Mark Chavez left they have never been the same, i was gonna go see them live in SR, CA but then i found out that Mark was no longer there so i decided not too!! Too bad i really liked the first two albums Adema, and Unstable
    Nickm13
    the new album is a solid piece of mainstream hard rock. its nothing special, and since marky is gone, there isnt that "rap rock" feel, so they are pretty successful at shedding the "nu-metal" tag. And while the album has some catchy hooks and rocks pretty hard at places, its generic and boring. nothing new here. sorry. the album offers nothing new, or anything that you haven't heard a hundred times over. 7/10 because even though i
    Seth Shadows
    =O they have a new vocalist?!?!?!?! and a new CD?... wow.
    drenvital wrote: After their original vocalist left i stopped listening.
    Mark Chavez. And I bet they're probably still Nu Metal.
    Gambler82
    This review is the worst I've ever read on this site. the review is moronic in itself, but you could atleast read it over once after writing it and change some of the countless spelling mistakes. HORRIBLE dude!
    I_I
    As it been said already, you've got the genre wrong. I too only listen to the Mark Chavez stuff. The new stuff just doesn't impress me. I'll give this a listen, maybe they still have something.
    Neloangelo818
    wtf last time i heard adema they were on projekt revolution and they were numetal. but that was like 2001-2002
    Nickm13
    even though it has that same, radio-friendly rock feel as a hundred other bands, its enjoyable in its own right.
    sowhat360
    I haven't heard adema in a while but I never thought of them as punk at all. Did they change their style? If so they're phonies.
    thedarkblues06
    First post, hah. I like Adema's style, but I haven't listened to them besides such songs as Drowning and Speculum. Maybe I'll give it a listen.