Kill The Headlights review by Adema

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Adema: Kill The Headlights

This CD is incredably good. I've noticed that in the past, Adema has addapted so well to style. Back when Adema's frontman Mark Chavez(John Davis's half-brother) was there, their way of playing in general was simple but good. After two cds, they adopted a new singer, Luke Caraccioli, for their CD Planets. They way of playing was totally different. So different that it did not sound at all like Adema but something with almost a seventies kind of sound to it. I was very impressed by how complex they became. It was as if the singer was needed to make the change in the band and they did very well. Unfortunately, their singer didn't stick around after to make a second, he was getting homesick and was tired of being on tour. So now a couple years later, they're back with their third singer, Bobby Reeves. Not only that, but a new member of the band, Ed Faris(guitars, synths, programming, and vocals) has replaced one of their original members, Mike Ransom. Kill The Headlights is kinda more like Adema when they started out but much more advanced and versital. This is a great buy. Their new singer is by far the best. You can tell that he's green but if he sticks around, I expect great things from him. If he doesn't, then I'm sure Adema will grow even more from it, as they have such in the past.

The lyrics aren't particularly the best portion of the CD. They're decent but nothing too special. However, All These Years, do actually have a certain style to the lyrics that are different from anything I've ever heard. You should look up those lyrics if you have a free minute.

Overall, this is the best Adema CD yet. The singer has a pretty good voice and a great scream. I would gladly buy it again if I had to. I actually chose this over the new Korn CD, and that's really saying something. The only thing I don't really care too much for is the singer has certain areas of certain songs that are too repetitive and needs to try to change the vocals a little, but like I said before, he's still green.

rberg79
    Review #1 sucked. Here's why. -Adema for me was one of the first punk/grudge rock bands to meet my ears. Adema is not punk or grudge rock. Comparing them to red jump suit apparatus, blink 182, and sum 41 is not appropriate. The second review was accurate and the reviewer obviously put some thought into it.
    Unkempt
    Adema Punk/Screamo right? I guess that makes Senses Fail Alternative now huh? What'd you write this review in 3 minutes? This CD, I find, is the best this band has made yet, I've listened to them since they started with Marky Chavez, and I'm got an affinity for more vocalism in songs, and this CD matches that, while Unstable had its taste of alternative/rap mixed into some of its nu-metalness. Planets, to me, was just a filler to let us know they're still alive, but it was not worth the buy. If you understand where I'm coming from, and preferred their older stuff to Planets, buy this CD and you won't be disappointed like you were last. Two words: Spell Check