Draw The Line review by Aerosmith

• Released: Nov 30, 1977
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Aerosmith: Draw The Line

Draw The Line is the beggining of the Aerosmith's quick decline in the '70s. Joe Perry said that in parts of the album, the music sounds cloudy, which is a perfect description of a few parts of the album. The song "Draw The Line" did not impress me at all, as well as a few others. Aerosmith tried to incoporate a lot of funk into this, which produced a few good songs, but no hits. I would say the sound, with the exception of the few funk songs they cut, pretty much sucked.

It seems as if Steven was running out of lyrics by this time. Aerosmith usually wrote sleezy songs about sex, but Draw the Line turned totally away from that. "Get It Up" is about not being able to "get it up;" not what a teenage male wants to here when he's thinks about his girl. Steven was really into screaming by now, but to me, his voice sounds weaker. It may be because of all of the drugs by that time, or it may just be me.

Draw the Line is considered to be one of Aerosmith's worst. Eventhough I gave the sound and lyrics low scores, I still enjoy the album as a whole. However, if you are new to Aerosmith, do not make this one of your first picks. It will give you a totally inaccurate conception of Aerosmith. When you do buy this album, listen for the highlights, such as "I Wanna Know Why," "Get It Up," (Yes I know I said they weren't the best lyrics for the teenagers, but this song is catchy if your not worried about scorin' chicks) and "Sight For Sore Eyes," the best track on the album. When you listen to "Bright Light Fight," keep in mind that no one else in the band wanted this song on the album besides Joe Perry.

-Rock-N'-Roll-
    What the **** you ass bag son of a bitch a ****in 6.7 aerosmiths a ****in classic! Draw the line 77 is ****in off the hook ya bastard
    love dictator
    This album was the start of the end for them. Listen to the 4 albums they had before this, then put this on and you can see they were getting burnt out. At this point they had put out an album a year for 5 years. Burnout was inevitible.
    J-Smack
    Um.....sorry that I offended you. I didn't really like the number that the three categories averaged out to, but that's the way it turned out. Remember, these are my opinions, and I am NOT a proffesional critic either. However, there really were no good lyrics if you listen to it, and the sound isn't all that great. Impression was pretty good because of a few songs. If I were to give this an overall rating without averaging lyrics, impression, and sound, I'd give a 7.5, but no more.