Draw The Line review by Aerosmith

• Released: Nov 30, 1977
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Aerosmith: Draw The Line

It was Aerosmith's last album for almost a decade. It is an okay Aerosmtih album, most people state that it is the worst. I don't state that it's the worst, but I don't think that it's the best either. I say that Draw The Line is the best song on the album, except the part where Tyler starts screaming near the end of the song. Bright Light Fright, the one where Joe Perry sings, is an okay song if only Steven Tyler would have sang it. Kings And Queens is also alright. I like how it goes heavy at the begining then softer as it goes.

The lyrics are ok. It sounds like crap though when Seven Tyler starts screaming towards the end of the song Draw The Line. Bright Light Fright has a cool opening, except Joe Perry sings the song, and Steven Tyler just does back up lyrics. It alo has a cool guitar solo. The other members of Aerosmith didn't want to have BLF on the album, I think that's why Joe sang it, and possibly the drugs they were on at the time. The Hand That Feeds, Tyler pretty much screams half the lyrics in the opening and pretty much throughout the song. The only parts you can really hear him clearly is during the Chorus. Sight For Sore Eyes has a real funk feel to it, just like a few other Aerosmith songs did before they broke up.

Draw The Line in my opinion is the best song on the Album. I am not an Aerosmith critic; I really like Aerosmith and I listen to at least 5 of their songs a day. Oh, and If I seem to have messed up on any parts, it's probably because I bought the album Yesterday and already listened to it. Draw The Line and Kings And Queens I had already heard before I bought the album. So Draw The Line overall was an okay album. Thanks for reading.

mysterytrain
    While I still like several of the cuts, the producer, who is very talented, did a 180 and took this album to a somewhat strange place.