Get A Grip review by Aerosmith

• Released: Jan 1, 1993
Aerosmith: Get A Grip

The sound of Get a Grip is very similar to Pump, excluding the 80's signature echo-type effect. I really liked Pump, so I also enjoy the sound of this album. No amazing riffs like the old Aerosmith, but it meshes Aerosmith with a bit of Pop, which creates a nice listening experience overall.

The lyrics are nice and sleezy like the classic Aerosmith. Of course, there's the nice ballad (Amazing) and Tyler's voice sounds the same as it did since Permanent Vacation. (Yes, a nice amount of screaming from him, too.) Joe Perry gives a shot at singing on Walk On Down, pretty bad to me. I liked him a whole lot better on Bobo. So, if you like what Aerosmith stands for, you're good for lyrics.

Get A Grip is pretty close to the top in Aerosmith albums for me. I like Pump a wee bit more, though. I'd say it's still in the same calliber as Pump and Vacation. I can't really compare 90's Aerosmith to classic Aerosmith, because they are very very different. You could like one style and hate the other. I love both, and would rank Get A Grip pretty close to Toys In the Attic. My favorite songs would be Get A Grip, Flesh, Shut Up and Dance ( a lot of people like this one; plenty of tabs, too) along with the hits Amazing and Crazy. I'd replace this album if I lost it, but I am obsessed with keeping my Aerosmith collection, so take that into consideration.