Get A Grip review by Aerosmith

• Released: Jan 1, 1993
Aerosmith: Get A Grip

Let's just start by saying, it's not exactly Rocks, but it's pretty damn good. The sound is about the same as pump, but musically Get A Grip is my favorite of the two. Classic Aerosmith mixed with a bit of pop. Normally I say that's a no no, but they manage to make it sound great. There's structure, some decent riffs, and Steven Tyler's voice stays strong in songs like "Amazing", "Crazy", and "Cryin", all ballads, all worth listening to. My personal favorite off this album is "Shut Up and Dance", Which is why I originally bought the album, only to discover there's a musical journey behind every sleazy, dirty rock song on it.

I was very impressed with Tyler's voice. Very Rock N' Roll sound during songs like "Eat the Rich", "Fever", "Flesh", and "Shut Up and Dance". Then sets the mood with songs like "Amazing", "Crazy", and "Cryin". A major flaw was letting Joe Perry sing, my ears turned inside out and damn near fell off. An excellent guitarist, but the song "Walk on Down", which he lends his voice to, was probablly my least favorite. Lyrically overall not to bad.

Like I said before, it sure as hell ain't Rocks, or Toys in the Attic, but worth adding to the collection. The standout songs were songs like "Eat the Rich", "Shut Up and Dance", "Cryin", "Crazy", "Line Up", and "Amazing". That's just my opinion, but I'm sure many will agree. I won't lie, I love the album cover. What better way to grab your attention then a cow's utters, that's Aerosmith for ya I guess. If it were stolen, I would without a doubt buy it again. Hope this helps ya, this is my first review.