Get Your Wings review by Aerosmith

• Released: Sep 7, 1993
Aerosmith: Get Your Wings

Get Your Wings is in the mid-stages of Aerosmith developing its sound. This is right before Toys In the Attic, which would probably be the last stage. Aerosmith was given one last chance to make it in the business and Get Your Wings was the result. Obviously, they succeeded, but still, they had no hits. Get Your Wings has an early hard rock feel to it throughout the whole album, and never lets up. It ranges from the rockin' "Train Kept A Rollin'," to the jazzy "Same Old Song And Dance," to the ballad, "Seasons of whither," all of which are great in their own styles.

The lyrics are amazing for this album. They flow through the music perfectly as if they were meant to be together by fate. Tyler uses his normal voice for the first time (See my review on the album "Aerosmith,") and it sounds awesome. Steven used his lower register at this time, not concentrating on wailing or screeching, although the album does contain a small amount of this. The lyrics are well thought out, and they are all pretty much easy to follow, which makes this album very easy to enjoy.

Get Your Wings is up there with Toys In the Attic and Rocks on my list. It may not contain hits, but "Same Old Song And Dance," "Lord Of The Thighs," "Woman Of The World," "Train Kept A Rollin'" and others should have been up their on the chart. In my opinion, there is nothing on this album that I could hate, and if I lost Get Your Wings, I would definetely go out of my way to replace it, no matter if I had it backed up on tape or hard drive. This is an overall great album, and a good first-album to listen to for new Aerofans.