Just Push Play review by Aerosmith

• Released: Mar 6, 2001
Aerosmith: Just Push Play

Wow this album rocks! I have been an Aerosmith fan for a long time. This album has a little bit more of a funky, more modern style to it, rather than their usual classic rock sound, (probably influenced by Steven Tyler) but it's still great! The title track rocks! A lot of cool voice effects especially on "Drop Dead Gorgous." Overall I'd give the sound an 8 just because some of the songs sound like the band tried a little too hard to sound "contemporary," and could have been great with out the crazy effects. Joe Perry, my favorite part of the band, has a lot of cool riffs and all but he needs to solo more!

This is an area where a few of the songs disappointed me. I'd say the song with the best lyrics is definetly "Fly Away From Here." I love that song. Another song that I love the lyrics/singing to, is "Drop Dead Gorgous" (which is my favorite track on the album). Some of the songs I was really disappointed with lyrically, were "Outta Your Head," "Trip Hoppin'" and worst of all, "Luv Lies." I hate this song because of the lyrics. They don't flow at all - "When you're with your best friend's friend..." I have to give lyrics a 7 because I know Steven could have come up with some much better lyrics. Steven is a very talented singer/lyracist.

I really don't think it compares to their other albums just because I love their older stuff. But I do think they did a very good job sounding "contemporary" but maintaining that awesome Aerosmith sound. The most impressive songs on the album are "Fly Away From Here," "Drop Dead Gorgous" and "Jaded." If this album was lost of course I would buy it again. It is a very good album. Do not buy it as your first Aerosmith album or you will get the wrong impression on Aerosmith. Even if you like the impression, I would highly recommend listening to their older material. I think either "Aerosmith," or "Get Your Wings" would be your best choices as a first album. I give this album an 8 out of 10 because it is awesome but not their best!