Just Push Play review by Aerosmith

• Released: Mar 6, 2001
Aerosmith: Just Push Play

The sound in this album is definitely a lot more progressive than that of the previous albums. Songs like fly away from here and just push play have a very modern feel to them and it shows how this band can truly adapt with the times. I definitely have to say that sometimes though, the effects can get a little bit heavey for Aerosmiths style, but the recordings we're of such a quality that they still sounded pretty neat.

The lyrics in this album were definitely over the top. I mean, the double meanings in this ablum were endless, and the different witty lines just kept you in awe. How does this guy keep comming up with this stuff?! And "Bricka bracka firecracker sis boom bah, here comes trouble in a push up bra"? Who says that? I mean, the lyrics are so far out, and so whacked that they're absolutely amazing. And even the more sensible ones are awesome. In avant garden, the way that Steven puts the begining of a sentance at the end of a musical phrase, it's just something that every songwritter can only dream of. The lyrics in this album are definitely something to be noted.

Overall, this album just rocks you, from start to finish. It's definitely not the raw edgy stuff that we're all used to from Aerosmith, but it's just as good as they're past albums. I would even say that this was one of their top albums. There isn't a song in there that I don't like, and the songs just seem to flow. It's something that you don't see everyday, and I would definitely recomend it to anyone who's into getting high off music.