Live Bootleg review by Aerosmith

• Released: Jan 1, 1978
Aerosmith: Live Bootleg

Aerosmith sounds nothing short of amazing on this album. This album is not all from one concert though. They took 16 of their best performances from previous tours and made this album. I have also heard some of their live stuff that were from one concert and there really wasn't any differences in how great they sounded. So this just shows how powerful Aerosmith is as a live band. Each member adding a little bit more to each song than what was on the original recordings contributes to this albums greatness.

This album includes most of Aerosmith's biggest hits up to about 1978. So yeah the songs are great and the lyrics are perfect. Steve Tyler never quit. He sounds strong on each track.

When comparing this album to the more recent live albums by Aerosmith I would definitely pick this! The sound and quality of the newer ones beat this, but this is just classic Aerosmith. The performances of each song on this album are just over the top. They are great. I love how the band sounds. There is not a single thing wrong with this album. For the time period they were amazing live. From what I've heard they are a million times better now. So I'm definitely looking forward to the next tour.

mysterytrain
    I like that the producer left a reasonable amount of the raw, not so musically polished, stuff on the album. Oh the other hand, there are obvious overdubs and punch ins. This is understandable as anyone with an hear who watch an Aerosmith concert in the 70s would tell you, that as cool as they appeared, they screwed up left and right on stage. Did you ever hear these guys try to play the solos to Train Kept A Rollin' live? Utterly comical compared to what Steve Hunter did for them in the studio on Get Your Wings. And you think Joe actually played the Walk This Way solo on Toys? If you still do I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Idaho.