Rockin' The Joint review by Aerosmith

• Released: Jan 11, 2002
Aerosmith: Rockin' The Joint

The sound is great, No doubt about it, yet it still seems like there's something missing. Joe Perry and Brad Whitford's guitars have never sounded better. Joe does a great job on the solo in the extened version of Draw the Line. There's still little missing in the bass and drums. They keep the beat, but there's nothing phenominal about them.

Steven Tyler remains a great frontman. If you bought the Dualdisc version, you can see it as well as hearing it. What really concernes me is that Steven Tyler can't hold some of the higher notes longer than in the studio versions, (ex. Beyond Beutiful), yet he still does a great job. The lyrics are the same old Aerosmith, and some good covers of Big Ten Inch Record and Train Kept A Rollin'.

This is one of their greatest live albums. It's not as long as A Little South Of Sanity, but they still seem to capture that live sound. They have an odd set though, with a couple songs from Just Push Play and I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, but there are still classics like Draw The Line and Walk This Way. I got it used, yet unopened, but you should buy it new if you haven't heard any Aerosmith live or are a big fan.

BLAKK:JAKK
    I HATLOVE AEROSMITH THEY HAVE SOME COOL SONGS LIKE I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING..STEVE TYLER HAS AN EXCELLENT VOICE...BUT...I DON'T LIKE THEIR STYLE
    yorkshireterror
    Aerosmith rocks. It says number of tracks:12 then it says "this 11-track album"...Might wanna change that
    HeavyMetal34
    wat r the songs? p8ntballerz182 : i hate aerosmith... POSTED: 04/17/2006 - 08:49 am / quote Then y r u reading a review on them...
    thefinalcut
    It depends what era you're talking about most people don't like the 80s Aerosmith, aside from a couple songs or a album. Some people dislike their late 70s worl, it's all opinion. I think that while they're a good band, they are overrated and they could be better songwriters.
    2muchTV
    I saw aerosmith live on their last tour and they still have it. Sure they sold out as every band did. I also think that, while it may not have produced good music, quitting drugs was probably the best thing they ever did. If they didnt they would have been done or dead in the 70s.
    aero-all
    p8ntballerz182 you suck ballz.. aerosmith is one of the greatest bands of all time.. i bought this cd when it came out.. i still listen to it.. it sounds great! go on out and buy it..
    greece_lightnin
    i've aeromsith twice and although they are getting old they sound better than ever. Tyler still rocks the mike and Perry and Whitford shred those guitars
    00guitarist00
    StyxandStones wrote: if anybody said they dont like areosmith ill kick them.....hard
    and i'll give them a kick twice as hard
    00guitarist00
    I think Aerosmith sounds better live because they are a litle heavier like all bands rather than when they're in the studio. I'm into heavy metal like Slipknot and S.O.A.D but Aerosmith is still my favorite band. Quite a weird combination.