The Ultimate Hits review by Aerosmith

• Released: Jun 25, 2002
Aerosmith: The Ultimate Hits

Aerosmith is a great band. Joe Perry is a grade a guitarist and Steven Tyler has great singing despite serious drug addiction. Their earlier songs are more raw, which I like. It's cool how on back in saddle steven tyler experimenting with microphone positioning to make the sounds different. Their rythm section (Brad Whitford rythm, Joey Kramer drums, Tom Hamilton bass) is amazing, as is their frontman (Joe Perry lead guitar, Steven Tyler vocals). They have a good blend of styles, but they all can be considered rock/metal.

Steven Tyler is an amazing songwriter. His lyrics blend perfectly with everything else. Steven Tyler is a great singer.

This is one of my favorite albums. I idolize almost everyone in the group. Aerosmith is one of the greatest rock bands. I love the songs Walk This Way, Sweet Emotion, Mama Kin, Dream On, Seasons Of Wither, Same Old Song And Dance, Back In Saddle, Last Child, Draw The Line, Dude (looks Like A Lady), Rag Doll, Angel, Janies Got A Gun, Love In An Elevator, Deuces Are Wild, Just Push Play, Pink, Jaded, Falling In Love, Amazing, Cryin, and Living On The Edge (pretty much all the songs). If someone stole this album, I'd beat the crap out of them, hang them from a tree, and burn them alive (or just buy another one). I'd say it compares to how the west was won (Led Zeppelin) and Van Halen.