You Gotta Move [DVD] review by Aerosmith

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Aerosmith: You Gotta Move [DVD]

This is the best live DVD I have and it is mainly because Aerosmith sound better live than on the albums. Joe Perry's guitar solo's are amazing live and in some of the songs he improvises the solo's which is what you should expect from a sort of blues band. It was filmed in 2004 so the sound is as you would expect from them.

Content — 9
The DVD itself basically includes the show but inbetween each song it has clips of the band preparing for the show, on the tour bus, meeting with fans, how they produced certain songs + where, how the stage gets made etc. Included with the DVD are a few live performances from that show which are not included in the original broadcast, without the clips inbetween songs and these are: Fever, Rats In The Cellar, Livin' On The Edge, Last Child, Same Old Song And Dance. There is also a bonus disc which is a CD and this has 6 live songs from that concert and these are: Toys In The Attic, Love In An Elevator, Rats In The Cellar, Road Runner, The Other Side and Back In The Saddle.

Production Quality — 8
The production quality of the DVD in my opinion was good because as I said earlier it gave clips inbetween songs. This to me was a great thing because it shows what goes on before the concert and how the build up was made etc. on the other hand I also think some people may find it quite annoying because it interrupts the great music and live performances but I personally thought it made the show better!

I thought this was a terrific DVD and by being the only live Aerosmith DVD it is their best, and their worst. But this DVD is definitely worth the money that I paid for it and I have pretty much no bad comments about it:D. Aerosmith are great live and this definitely shows it and this DVD was filmed from there 2004 tour so I can't imagine how mazing they would have been live in the '80s/'90s! If your thinkin of buyin this I would seriously suggest to because I didn't pay a lot for it but you get a hell of a concert!

mini-slash
    Aerosmith is simply the best. I have that DVD too and i was amazed to find just how much "Last Child" by Aerosmith and "Always on The Run" by Lenny Kravitz sound alike~!