You Gotta Move [DVD] Review

artist: Aerosmith date: 10/11/2010 category: compact discs
Aerosmith: You Gotta Move [DVD]
Released: November 23, 2004
If you're a longtime Aerosmith fan you'll probably be amazed that these guys seem to be at the top of their game.
 Content: 9.2
 Production Quality: 7.8
You Gotta Move [DVD] Reviewed by: chaz140292, on june 06, 2007

Sound: This is the best live DVD I have and it is mainly because Aerosmith sound better live than on the albums. Joe Perry's guitar solo's are amazing live and in some of the songs he improvises the solo's which is what you should expect from a sort of blues band. It was filmed in 2004 so the sound is as you would expect from them. // 9

Overall Impression: I thought this was a terrific DVD and by being the only live Aerosmith DVD it is their best, and their worst. But this DVD is definitely worth the money that I paid for it and I have pretty much no bad comments about it:D. Aerosmith are great live and this definitely shows it and this DVD was filmed from there 2004 tour so I can't imagine how mazing they would have been live in the '80s/'90s! If your thinkin of buyin this I would seriously suggest to because I didn't pay a lot for it but you get a hell of a concert! // 9

You Gotta Move [DVD] Reviewed by: TUMFP, on november 29, 2004

Sound: Aerosmith pure american rock and roll, and that is exactly what they give you in this DVD. Screaming guitars, and Steven Tyler's voice is so amazing it explains itself. The whole band gets involved and keeps you pumped. // 10

Overall Impression: I enjoyed this DVD much more than others I have in my collection, to say the least. I love the guitar work the most on this DVD, me being a guitar player. (What a surprise). I'm not too big on them cutting in on some parts and not showing the fills but, eh, what can you do, right. If this DVD were stolen, I either hunt down the thief or head back to Borders to pick up another copy of "Aerosmith - You Gotta Move" I enjoyed this DVD tons! // 10

You Gotta Move [DVD] Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 02, 2005

Sound: The sound was amazing. They played so well off of each other. The suttleties of some of the songs and how it just starts so intense and and then by the end of the song it so loud and with out even realizing it your like going cazy and, no punt intended, you gotta move. // 10

Overall Impression: If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be the one word to sum up the band intoxicating. I love everything about with DVD, just like I love everything about Aerosmith. // 10

You Gotta Move [DVD] Reviewed by: mbasketcballb, on august 24, 2007

Sound: Aerosmith has performed numerous amounts of concerts on DVD before, but out of all of them, You Gotta Move is the best one. Aerosmith still has their 1976 Rock's sound, while also having their newer sound, as in Get a Grip. This tour was to promote their album Honkin' on Bobo, a blues record. They have always been blues-rooted, but the concert surely is blues-rock. Since the album was blues, they showed the same music and same style, which is cool. But while having to promote their album, they also did fan favorites like "Back in the Saddle," "Dream On," "Walk this Way," and more. This is a great DVD of them really being their best, and to show after 30 years, Aerosmith is not willing to retire. // 9

Overall Impression: This DVD and band (Aerosmith) doesn't really compare to other artists, except for like Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Police, and etc. They only compare because of how old all these bands are. The most impressive thing I've seen in this DVD would have to be Joe Perry's (Aerosmith Guitarist) slide guitar solo in Draw the Line. The whole song was amazing. I also like Baby Please Don't Go, a cover they did that is on this DVD. I love this band, and I love that they performed so well on it. I don't like though that some of my favorite Aerosmith songs weren't on the set list. This includes Seasons of Wither, Amazing, Hangman Jury, Permanent Vacation, Just Push Play, Avant Garden, etc. I was bummed about that. If it was stolen or lost, I probably wouldn't get another one. It's good but I don't think it's good enough to buy another one. // 8

You Gotta Move [DVD] Reviewed by: aerorocker101, on october 11, 2010

Sound: Since this came out in, what, 2004, the sound is out of this world! Aerosmith is one of the best live bands in the entire universe! There are extras included with the DVD which I always love to watch. The guitars are always turned up to the max so you can hear everything that's going on. If you listen close enough, you can hear the bass REALLY well or the drums REALLY well! // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I'd say that this being Aerosmith's only legal live DVD, it's great! Compared to other artists, this is beyond their bounderies! Nothing much to say other than Aerosmith can kick ass live! If this got lost or stolen, I would really cry because no matter how many times I've seen this, I always get a kick out of seeing them goof around in the studio and backstage! At one point, Joey actually meets a kid with a type of cancer, and the band treats him like a god! // 10