All Hallows review by AFI

• Released: Oct 5, 1999
AFI: All Hallows

This is definitely one of AFI's best contributions to the punk/east bay scene. Although it's only an even "lucky 13" (ha - fits with the Halloween-ish theme) minutes long and 4 tracks, the EP is set up much like AFI's other EP's - instead of 4 random tracks to sell seperately, they are four unbelievable tracks that equal to a full album by any other band. The tracks are exellently selected, including 4 of AFI's most popular songs - the concert-starter "Fall Children", after some halloweenish music goes into "Halloween" - an even better rendition of the Misfits classic. Then into "The Boy Who Destroyed The World", definitely another memorable track, also on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Sountrack. Then ending in "Totalimmortal" - the classic concert-ender. It includes Misfits cover of "Halloween."

Lyrics match any given AFI lyric - amazingly well-written. All lyrics fit the halloween theme, and fit excellent with the band's sound and overall style. Singer skills are obvious - it's punk's own Davey Havok...skills aren't even a question here.

This CD is definitely a must-have for any AFI fan's cd collection, even if it is burned. I went out and bought it personally, cuz' I got it at the meet-n-greet so I could get it signed :) So if it were stolen, I'd probably hunt down and do things to whoever took it. Definitely a classic punk/whatever style album, and definitely an album for any music listener in general.