All Hallows review by AFI

• Released: Oct 5, 1999
AFI: All Hallows

I love AFI, and this album is a great example of classic AFI. It's got the great bass parts in the backround with the distorted guitar, heavy drums, and aggressive vocals. I love this EP probly more than any other EP that they've released. I don't know what it is about it, but this EP just really stood out to me. It starts off with "Fall Children" with a calm electric guitar riff that quickly erupts into a full-blown crazy song that AFI is so well known for, there are a bunch of whoa's and some really noteable bass riffs. Davey does good on this one. despite the velocity and aggressiveness of the song, he always mananges to keep a good melodic tone. Next is "Halloween" which opens on an interesting off tune chord and right on cue, davey comes in. This song is a lot less fast-paced than "Fall Children," but is still a good speed. Next is "The Boy Who Destroyed The World" this song is alright. It has a good blend of guitar, bass, and drums. The vocals are pretty good. I think the vocals are just a bit too classic AFI. One of the things this album did for me was demonstrate AFI's true style, but incorporate some original vocals. This song didn't do that for me, the guitar/bass/drum break in the middle of the song is really cool to me. Finally is "Totalimmortal." My fav. song on this EP. It has probably the coolest bass part yet. I think that all the parts kind of come together perfectly in this song. Everything in this song deserves some recognition. It just is all perfet.

The lyrics are really good. They all go along with the general theme of the EP, which is always a good thing, like I said bfore, the only thing that sorta dissapointed me were the vocals on "The Boy Who Destroyed The World." Everything else gets 5/5. And like I said before, I liked the lyrics, guitar, bass, and drums on The Boy Who Destroyed The World. I just don't really like the way its put together. The lyrics on this album are really good.

I think this is AFI's best EP by far. I love everything about it. I think every song on it is memorable. If this were stolen, I would definately buy another. I think that this is comparable to The Art Of Drowning. I love everything. they are all great songs. the bass parts on this album are just phenomenal. I love them. the guitar parts are pretty interesting too. Totalimmortal is my favorite song on this album, but not by much. all the songs are great.