All Hallows review by AFI

• Released: Oct 5, 1999
AFI: All Hallows

This CD or EP is very good, considering there are only four songs on the CD. This gives people a feel of what AFI sounded like back when they were Hardcore Punk. I think that this is a very good CD and I enjoy it very much. All of the songs are good. The songs are Fall Children, Halloween(which is a misfits cover), The Boy Who Destroyed the World, and Totalimmortal. All of these song are very good, and Show the talent of everyone in the band, which great vocals, strong bass lines, amazing drum fills, and incredible guitar riffs. Here is what I think of these songs. 01.Fall Children: 9/10 Really good song, Very fast paced, good vocals. 02.Halloween: 9.5/10 Very good cover, Vocals stand out most in this song although the bassline is very good also, a creepy ending to the song which lasts for about 2 mins. 03.The Boy Who Destroyed the World: 10/10 my favorite song on the CD, and one of my Favorite AFI songs also, Strong Bassline, Great Drum Fills, Amazing Vocals, and Good Guitar riffs. 04.Totalimmortal: 9/10 Good song, Bass stands out most in the song, at least in my opinion, Vocals are good, but not great, drumming is solid, but nothing special on guitar.

I think that all of the lyrics on this CD are really good, and they definitly go good with the style of music that they are playing. I believe that the skills of the singer are very good on this CD, Davey Havok can go from screaming to an amazing melody. I think that he is a very good singer, and preformed very well while they were making this CD.

I think that this is a very good CD, and it is one of AFI's best CD's, but the only think I would change about it is that it isnt that long. The most impressive songs on the album are The Boy who Destroyed the world, and Halloween. The things I like best on this CD are the drum fills, bass lines, and vocals, I don't really hate anything about it, except that I would want it to be longer. If this CD were lost or stolen I would buy it again.

HowSoonisNow
    The long sound effects after Halloween are kind of annoying, but other than that, this is a perfect EP