Answer That And Stay Fashionable review by AFI

• Released: Apr 22, 1997
AFI: Answer That And Stay Fashionable

If you want hardcore punk, buy this album! This is a great album to launch the career of an excellent band. The bass sounds great on this album and it's something you can actually hear unlike a lot of other bands out there today whoses bassists sound absent. This album is obviously driven by artists like Rancid and if you're into them, this is for you. If you need something to pump you up and sing along to, pop this in and you're on your way!

Davey Havok, lead singer, has always had a great and unique voice. Kind of a whiny yet hard at the same time sound that really stands out to you. This voice mixed in with the fast-paced music creates an awesome sound. The lyrics are a lot lighter and funnier than the newer albums which are pretty dark and gloomy. It's pure punk rock!Songs that make no sense and at the same time touch you, and a few of the songs do make perfect sense. The lyrics seem to be written really quickly and without much thought or effort to someone who doesnt read between the lines, but they truly describe life in general.

Nothing can top this album in my opinion, nothing. This is a must buy for any hardcore-punk fan. If you're an MTV maniac who sees Avril and Simple Plan as punk, don't get this one, you don't deserve it and two, it's not you! If you're not like that and you are thinking about getting this album, get it! If you're at all interested in afi or any punk band, get it! Just get it! Must get, must buy! I absolutely love this cd, if I lost it I'd have to rush right out and re-buy it! Afi rules!