Answer That And Stay Fashionable review by AFI

• Released: Apr 22, 1997
AFI: Answer That And Stay Fashionable

Afi's one of my favorite punk bands because they stand out from other bands. Their sound (I think) is great with bass-heavy riffs and melodies and their heavily distorted guitar. Their sound is unique because Afi's bassist gets to some bass solos as the intros of some songs on the album. The guitarist has some awesome punk riffs that make the band sound tough. The singer's voice is so different from every other singer that I'll have to say that Davey Havok (Afi's vocalist) is one of the best vocalists of all time. I think Afi's best sound comes from this album (unlike the album Sing the Sorrow which I think contains their worst sound because Afi left punk and started to play goth rock stuff that's just too depressing). Answer That And Stay Fashionable's sound is just plain awesome!

I thought the lyrics were outstanding just like the sound. Davey sings about a variety of things from breakfast cereal to wanting a Mohawk but your mom won't let you get one. I really liked Cereal Wars because I thought it was clever and funny. Overall the lyrics made me have a good time listening to the album.

This is definitely Afi's best album ever (so far). If it was stolen from me I would definitely buy it again. My favorite songs on the album are Cereal Wars, I Wanna Mohawk, Your Name Here, The Checkered Demon, Highschool Football Hero, and Kung-Fu Devil. If You like hardcore punk this album is definitely for you. Buy this cd today!