decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

This is pure beauty. This album has hit the mark and has surpassed Sing The Sorrow. From and Industrial sound to the typical AFI sound to almost an '80s theme, this album has broadened AFI's music. This is the best album of this year, no doubt.

Davey has toned down on the confusing lyrics that most people didn't understand, and has come forward with a much more straight forward lyrical masterpiece. The music and they lyrics tie together and wrap this wonderful album and with lace and the finest silks. Davey has improved his vocals, and yet again amazes me.

This album hasn't even been in stores and it has blown me away more than any album this year. The most interesting songs on this album are Endlessly, She Said, The Missing Frame, Kiss and Control and, Kill Caustic. The entire album is entertaining and I feel this is the bands most creative and touching work. This isn't selling out, this is making my day. Whoever stole this from me is one lucky person, I'd buy it more than once, without a doubt. AFI is back after so long, and it's beautiful.

Silverstein444
    This album is awful. There are obviously no old school AFI fans here. AFI went from one of the best punk bands of all time to one of the most disappointing. Could they get any slower or softer?
    Junesongtrigger
    Silverstein, who cares how fast it is? The Cure were never heavy but they're amazing. AFI has just been going towards this for a long time. Decemberunderground has more range than Sing The Sorrow, the songs are all different and it's intense. STS was amazing, and DU is just as amazing, if not more. Plus, I've been into AFI for 11 years, and really...The old school stuff is awesome but it's not nearly as amazing as the past four albums. Admit it, they've gotten smarter, and better.
    TeenBite
    It doesn't suck, it's awful technique. If they had classical and operatic training constantly, then I'm pretty sure they'd be fine. It's their own faults for just going out there and yelling. That's why Davey sounds different - I'm sure he's had singing lessons since the surgery. Some parts of the new album he sounds positively classical.
    Ignite
    Okay... about the latest review. Decemberunderground has not surpassed Sing the Sorrow. No album will ever surpass Sing the Sorrow. Yes, this album might get better sales, but it's not better. Sing the Sorrow was more of AFI's own style, and you can tell that they did most of the work... Decemberundergound seems almost overly produced and it seems like they got more help on it. BUT it is a great album, and I will pick it up the day it comes out in the US. I've already heard most of DU and I like it a lot, but STS is still better. LONG LIVE SING THE SORROW!!!
    Ignite
    ^ I'm an old school AFI fan. I love everthing they've done since they released their first full length L.P. on Wingnut Records (ATASF). I love the old school, and I love the new stuff. So obviously, you are close-minded.