decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

Their sound on this album is very different from anything they have done. They use more electronics on this album, and it also has a cold pop sound to it. I bought it the first day it came out and loved it. This album is layed, so it could take some time to get used to some of the songs, but they are really great songs.

Davey writes some of the best lyrics, and has a great voice. I really like his voice on this album. espically when Davey and Jade sing their duet at the end of The Interview, it is amazing, and blows me away every time I hear it. I love that when AFI writes lyrics they are vague and you can't always tell what he is talking ab out all the time.

You can't really compare this album to the rest of them, because each album is unique in its own way. Yea they are not punk anymore, but in a way it is a good thing, it can get boring to keep doing the same thing all of the time. I love this album it just amazing the whole way through. The best songs are Kill Caustic, Love Like Winter, The Killing Lights, and The Missing Frame. I would buy this album again, if it got lost, I'm even contemplating buying another copy for the exculsive target song.

Irishman-
    I think this album shows yet again, as sing the sorrow did, that AFI can pull off anything musically.
    xCoilx
    of course i dont know what thier old stuf sounds like.....is it good?
    Cwolf
    i havent heard this album yet but i am a fan of afi and all i have to say to anyone who has criticised the album shut up people like afi they like their music for different reasons no one wants to know ur biased opinion and "fans" of afi who suddenly hate them for trying soemthing different u were never a fan to begin with u were a hopeless poser begging for acceptance and that makes u a sad little **** and if u play an instrument and think that makes u a musician ur dead wrong becuz real musicians dont criticise anyone for exploring different sounds its how music gets better and better .
    Vin2254
    Some of you afi fans are a bunch of babies. just because they changed doesnt mean they "sold out". If you wanna hear the same album over and over again go buy a couple Nickleback cd's.
    ToesKa
    well i heard miss murder a couple of times... just another green day emo band to me
    IsThereLoveInSp
    A)Deffinately not emo (to the guy above me) B)Deffinately not scremo (to some of the reviewers) Ill agree with a fair amount of the people here and say its not too great. I do, however, think it is good or at least decent. I see it as more of a transition album and that by the next album they will have fine tuned this new sound and we'll get another incredible album, as opposed to this.
    Havenspear
    Ironic how you spelled "retarded" wrong. -_-; This review is shit. If you're just going to say a band sucks, instead of actually reviewing the album, don't ****ing bother, let someone who knows how to think coherently do it.
    staticxfan432
    can_i_say wrote: meh heard 2 songs off it i dnt really like the screaming 2 b honest they hav better oh n 4 sum reason jst my opinion miss murder reminds me of greenday... not a good thing
    thats because the song was produce by the guy who produce green days album. I went to the video premier and cd preview in nokia theater about a month ago and i hated the album i was really hoping that the old AFI sound would work its way back in.
    AFireInside198x
    haha I like the way you people put down AFI's new CD when their old CDs make up for it and half of you people don't know sh!t about them. You're using their new album to judge all of their works. I'm not saying I don't like the new CD, but I would agree that it doesn't sounds like their old stuff. They used to be punk/punkrock and AFI stood for "Asking For It". That's when I go into them. I have all of their CDs because I feel their worth listening to. Decemberunderground is a good CD, but not AFI's style. I don't like the way certain songs have an almost "pop" sound, but I like the CD in general. AFI should go back to sounding more like the original AFI because that's what their longtime true fans liked in the first place. AFI is a kickass band and deserve props, but let's just hope they stray away from the 12 year-old girl fans that horrible bands like Fall Out Boy have.
    Covin
    lalala. I don't trust any reviews written within a week of the CD coming out.
    xCoilx
    since when was Green day an emo band?!!!!! and since when cant AFI try soem gang vocals like green days holiday for all u people that know what that is
    DanielJohns
    I agree with you Covin, I would say that a lot of cds take more than 10 spins to really appreciate. I have heard this cd well over that number and I think it is amazing. It is very different from their older stuff but I love it. I think it's easily one of the best to come out so far this year.
    wrathchild712
    Weight of Words said it best... Good album...a slight step down from STS but still not bad