decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

AFI's Decemberunderground. An album that was picked from 80 written songs, no wonder they're all top notch! AFI's sound definitly has matured, also it seems as though they took a little bit of a electronic adventure on the song "37 mm". They may seem to be going a little bit more mainstream, but really, so what? The music is great, so as long as they make good songs, I ain't going to complain.

Excellent lyrics. Davey's vocals are just amazing. His voice is very unique and like none other. One thing I have really noticed is, his lyrics are actually understandable, and you know what he's talking about. In other albums it seems as though you would have to sit and listen go the album with a dictionary just to understand the songs well. But now that he has made them more simple, the lyrics are beautiful just as they were before.

In my opinion, this album is worthy to being the follow-up of Sing the Sorrow, maybe even being better then it. The whole album is fantastic, but the song that I'm not always taken with is "37 mm". But the absolute stand outs are "The Missing Frame", "Endlessly, She said", "Love Like Winter", and "Miss Murder". Possibly the album of the year for me.