decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

When I fist heard AFI in 2002 I was stunned. I was amazed at how they could be Punk, Goth and Hardcore at once. They have a very original voice, that I cant think of a band simmaler to. Great bass solos and a great drumer. Jade Puget (the guitarist) is a brillient artist. Never one lesson in his life, and can rock. He is the one handeling all the musical rythems, while Davey Havok (singer) writes all the vocals. Jade would spend hours and hours at his laptop, fiddling around with different sounds for this CD.If you like AFI, you should buy Guitar World featuring Jade Puget (AFI) and Tom DeLonge from Angels And Airwaves. I learned alot about AFI from that magizine, like when they wrote Miss Murder, they where in a freind's basement in LA. There sound will swip you off your feet.

The lyriks are amazing. The way it flows, and the way they have a dark sound like in, "Miss Murder", "let beauty stay if I take my life". You can tell they are a talented band with a mix of sounds that go along with the tone of there music. Davey Havok has an amazing voice. He is able to swich his voice from incredeble singing to insaine screams.That is real inpressive. Davey is probobly one of the most talented and dark singer/song writer that ever existed.

Overall Decemberunderground is one of the best CDs in my collection. You cant really compair AFI's Decemberunderground to any other albums or artists. They are so unique, and original its hard to find a artist similar. My favoret songs are Kill Caustic and The Interview. They are great songs that you should listen to. Buy Decemberunderground! You will not be diisapointed!

blackchick_14
    I agree with the Weight of Words guy up there a little ways. Afi shouldn't be categorized because they aren't any one particular type of music. They just play what they like to play, and if we like it too, well yay for us. And no cd is better then the another because they are all different and awesome in their own way, so they can't really be fairly compared to each other in my opinion.
    Killingthecat69
    to me this cd was great i mean totally awsome...its different from their previous albums but not a huge difference...i like davey's screams in this album also i think it gives them a new sound that can relate to the music scene and thats what counts!! i give this cd a 100 out of 10