decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

AFI has definately changed a lot. They have changed for the better though. Personally, I really like the melodic intervals w/the thrashy vocals by davey, and the soft vocals blend well too. I also really like davey's scream. its definately one of this albums highlights. No one has a scream like davey does. this new sound that AFI has acheived is so different from what they used to play that its almost unrecognizable. Their earlier albums like "Black Sails In The Sunset" could not have been more different from this one. I like the new style, but in a way, I kind of miss it. I came to love afi through "The Art Of Drowning" so its like a new band to me. But all the same, I love this album.

The lyrics are pretty good. they're kindof abstract I guess. Really poetic. "Kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep" and "Hey, miss murder, can I make beauty stay if I, take my life?" I mean, that's pretty poetic. Davey's vocals blend very well with the music. I especially like the thrashy vocals with the highly distorted guitar in "Kill Caustic" and "Affliction."

This band has always been one of my favorites and still is. Every album they release impresses me in a different way. This time, the voacls really impressed me. I love everything about this album. Except maybe at the end of affliction where's theres like just 2 minutse or so of weirdness and sobbing or something. If this were stolen, there's no doubt that I would buy another one.

b.b-king_19
    In the review it says that this is there screaming album the only problem with that is that black sails had a lot of screaming
    Bored_2_Death
    um wut the hell is wrong with guitarist.4.evr?!? he posted a review about hating decemberunderground but he gave the album 10 4 sound,lyrics, and overall impression.