decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

The sound on this album is incredible. Jades guitar playing on this album is amazing I have never heard anything like it he plays low notes so well its incredible and when it comes down to muting and palm muting he is amazing. Hunter can defenitely play the bass and he plays with such attitude in heart on this album it's just really amazing how he does it. Adam is an amazing drummer and he is probably one of the best in the punk-rock history I mean his tempo on the drums is just incredible, like sometimes hell bang the shit out of them and sometimes he might just play something softly.

The lyrics on this album are amazing and AFI have gotten more mature in songwriting structure. I think this album is more of rock album than a punk album. Davey Havok is one of the best singers in the history of punk rock and just plain normal rock. He plans out his lyrics so well like in some he'll say something poetic, in some songs theure is crazy singing and most of the album is just all out intelligent lyrics.

This album cannot compare to any other albums because AFI have their own sound of rock on this album. I love everything about this album and I hate nothing about it, it just kicks total ass. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again. I would recommend this album to any fans of punk rock, hard rock and just any people that want to try out AFI I would really recommend this album it defenitely gets 5 stars because it is one of the best albums out there today so get it now!

2strung_out
    !!AFI!! Great band, nice guys. Saw them in my hometown few years ago. Porcupine Ontario CAN, population like 1000 haha. Snow Jam 7! Anyways i like this album. Their old stuff I still like better but this is good. I hated their last few records and this one has a few crappy songs but its more respectible then previous records.
    DaveyHavokDavey
    This is yet another great album by AFI! Such a mixed album, but every angle they explore is done excellently by AFI.
    fluffylump2
    this album is orgasmicly good. seriously, there are a total of three songs with screaming, and that's only with a couple lines of it. anyway, it's incredible, and STS was awesome as well. They're doing really cool things, like adding new effects and trying new styles. it's not really a typical afi album, but that doesn't mean you can't like it. awesome!
    RockhavenGuitar
    As with any band you are going to have the fans all along the spectrum from diehard fans to the flamers. I have to say I started listening to AFI w/ STS and now own all their albums. Davey's voice is unlike anything out there. If that isn't enough, Jade has amazing guitar riffs that if not paying attention, you will miss how complex they actually are. I am a huge fan of AFI jsut b/c their music doesn't sound like the same old formulated shit that plagues our society today. Just listen to it w/ an open mind and if you don't like it, that's ok...the DF will keep them in business!
    mtl's_god
    vanceboy wrote: why do people hate songs that are played on MTV? get over it, usually the songs played on MTV are the singles they decided to release, thus making it one of the better songs on the album. as for AFI, I don't like em.
    Theyre not always better, theyre just more friendly to the average listener and theyre usually the shorter, simpler, not to fast not to slow kind of songs.