decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

AFI's new sound is here to stay. Their latest cd, "Decemberunderground" is an amazing CD. I was anticipating it so much, I pre-ordered it, (and I'm glad I did, cause I got a hidden track that's not included in the cd) As the album name suggests, you get a "winter-y" feel to the album. Cold, breath taking, and beautiful. I miss their old punk sound, but I still love their new sound. If you a real AFI fan, you'll love this CD as much as "Black Sails In The Sunset" and "Very Proud Of Ya."

The lyrics suggest some woman has recently left Davey's life. And he misses her alot. I kind of got that feel listening to "On The Arrow" and "Summer Shudder." The lyrics go hand in hand with Adam's brilliant guitar parts. Davey sings way different from AFI's albums before "Sing The Sorrow" and in a good way. His voice is more distinguished and has new singing styles compared to other bands now-a-days.

"Decemberunderground" is way different than their previous albums. An amazing new sound, but still ties into all their other albums. My favorite tracks are "Summer Shudder," "On The Arrow," "Jack The Ripper (bonus track)" and "Kill Caustic." If I lost this CD, I'd most definatly buy it again. It's an amazing CD.