decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
AFI: decemberunderground

Okay, overall, compared to their other albums, this one sucks! I felt that this album was a huge disappointment. I was soooo excited for the video preview of "miss murder" and once I head it I was just like "ewww." their new ablum is way too mainstream! It sounds like shit. Their old music used to inspire me to write better music and to search for a deeper meaning, but all this new stuff inspires me to do is to find new objects to throw at my stereo.

Ohh my, where do I start with these incredibly horrible lyrics. Songs on their other albums were very meaningful and had strong thought provoking lyrics, but this Miss Murder shit they've thrown at us is pretty much what you get when you mix Green Day and a bottle of whiskey, exaclty, nothing good can come from it! In my opinion, they've officially sold out in order to top the charts insead of being about their fans and writing the amazing songs that I know and love. I'm rating this a two, 1 point for an attepmt at effort and the other to remind people of their older music, the stuff that really mattered!

My overall impression of this is to just chuck it out the window and pretend like it never happened! Everyone thinks that afi is this awesome group, which is true, they are truely amazing! But why are they feeding us this horrible bullshit instead of the great stuff we're all used to. In my opinion, "Sing The Sorrow" was one of the most amazing albums I have ever heard. With every song on that CD I just couldnt get enough of it. "God Called In Sick Today" was and still is the most amazing song I've ever heard and "Leaving Song Part 2" has the most incredibly deep lyrics that I've heard in a long time! But december underground feels like a big slap in the face or some kind of practical joke! The only thing I have left to say is "AFI, What were you thinking?" I used to love this group, they weren't just good, they were great. Their songs were so meaningful and powerful, the only power that this new stuff has is the fact that Davey dressed up like hitler and danced around. Compared to their previous songs, these new songs are pathetic and no longer had that creative and unique sound..it just sounds like everything else.

garrett5
    I like Afi but I didn't really care for all the synths and over dubs on the album, I liked the old stuff better.
    I'm a real boy
    I dont know why people are calling bands sellouts because of their sound change. I personally think all bands do it for the money.Otherwise they would have stayed in the garage.