decemberunderground review by AFI

• Released: May 29, 2006
AFI: decemberunderground

The band have a great sound which is quite different to most rock bands. It's that factor that makes it interesting to listen to. There's something about the sound that makes it that little bit better than most other CDs. Also the CD works around a perticular theme, but it doesn't really give it away when you hear the title 'decemberunderground' which makes it an even better CD to have.

My impression of the lyrics is very good. I think that they fit well with the theme of the CD and they also fit with the music well. All the songs have cleaverly written lyrics, and not one song on the album lets this down. Also all the singing is quite good, and it fits in with the songs nicely. This makes the lyrics really good, although sometimes I think some of the tracks lack emotion and meaning, but perhaps it's meant to be like that. Other than that the lyrics are great.

My overall impression of the album is very good. The band (AFI) really are quite different to most bands, but aren't too different to make their music sound weird. The album has an unusual rabbit theme which you don't see often but it works really well and it's the kind of album you can listen to all the way through without getting bored because all the songs on the album are different. I would say that there were a few songs that were really good on the album. My to[ three are: Rabbits are Roadkill, Miss Murder, Head Like a Hole. But all the songs are good on the album. That's what I love about the album, because all the songs are different but you don't have to skip some tracks when listening to the album. There's nothing I really hate, but the lyrics could have been better on some of the songs. That's the only reason I could give it a 9 and not a 10.

cks102
    i do not get why everybody is knocking all the bands cause they change.people things change. i dont think personally that the change on this cd was better or worse.i think that it was just diffrent and all the people who liked the harder afi then you should realize that it could be a phase. they have only like 8 cds so they could go through a phase and if they stay this way well then people change. nuthin you can do.