Shut Your Mouth & Open Your Eyes review by AFI

• Released: Nov 11, 1997
AFI: Shut Your Mouth & Open Your Eyes

Full of energy, punkrock with a twist of energy. This cd gets your energy running within a matter of seconds. Davey Havoc lyrics are probably some of the best I have heard out of a punk band in a long time. Jade Pugets guitaring skills is very traditional in the album and more skilll are gained in later albums. Adam Carson's drums are full of electrifying speed. Hunter Burgan on Bass is also very traditional.

Skills are very high on this album, just like all of the other albums. The lyrics go very well with the music, just the lyrics can get you going. One thing that did not impress me with the lyrics on this album is that I could find no connection with the lyrics and anything I have ever expirenced in my life time.

If anybody stole this album from me I would prob hunt them down and murder them, just playing, I would go out and buy this album in a heart beat. I recommend it to anybody a fan of Black Flag or Pennywise. "Three Reasons" is a great song which captured my attention almost immediatly. "Salt for Your Wounds" is also a wonderful song with a awsome guitar solo.