Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

This in my opinion is perhaps their Second Best Album next to Black Sails in the Sunset. Yes the song set up is very different and on 2 of the songs there is actually a drum machine, very odd for a A.F.I. song but it strangly fits, very well. Jade Puget also shows tons of skills on the Songs Dancing Through Sunday and ...But Home is Nowhere. Hunter on the bass gives a bone chilling intro to Death of Seasons which is arguably the best song on the cd. The drums gives a fast thumping beat that never gets old. Now the Bad, the cd doesn't get good until Dancing Through Sunday, the first four songs make the cd sound like a soft-core emo cd. Although it isn't bad, it just doesn't fit. Other than that this is cd is almost flawless, 3 songs that dont really matter on a 12 song cd...In My Opinion thats pretty damn good.

The Lyrics, are as always very deep and very Confusing, tons of metaphors and tons of huge words. Davey Havok is a master song writter.

If you're a Fan of the Punk scene and enjoy fast music..That isn't childish then you should pick up This Album along with Black Sails in the Sunset and The Art of Drowning by A.F.I. their best work ever.