Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

In comparison to previous albums, this is not one of their better sounding albums. I'm not one of those typical little fuckers who go on about how afi sold out, and I know every album of theres is different, but this one is a stepo in the wrong direction. The guitar parts are more technical, but that's not everything.

The lyrics on the album are darker and more mature than previous recordings, which is the only decent thing on the cd. Davey is a great singer, unfortunately, even his talents cant back up a half-assed effort by the band.

I felt like this album was changed by the record company to sound the way it did, not by AFI's own maturity or choice. This cd, though darker, was softer and weaker than wat they typically give you. It was a half assed effort, and was meant for lil high school freshmen who think they are cool cuz they listen to "the new band AFI", most don't realize they have much better cds released previously....get Black Sails...awesome album, by far the best....don't recommend Sing The Sorrow for hardcore fans.