Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

This was the first cd I ever bought by AFI, and I don't regret it. I got into AFI back when THPS3 came out, because on the game one of the songs was "The Boy Who Destroyed The World", which was one kick ass song. I bought this cd last summer, and I haven't stopped listening to it. The sound on Sing the Sorrow is fantastic. Without Jade Puget and Hunter Bergan, I doubt AFI would have come this far. This cd impements the afore mentioned band members by really letting them bring out their talent to the fullest extent. As a guitarist, I really admire Jade because of his unique sound. He doesn't use power chords as most guitarists do. As for Hunter, he is an amazing bass player. It really shows his talent on this album, and can easily be seen in the intro to "Death of Seasons". Adam Carson has always been a great drummer and continues to obtain his talent.

The lyrics of AFI have always been confusing since they picked up Jade and Hunter, and I never really understood why. I like them though, it shows Davey has the ability to create very well thought out lyrics, so that you actually have to think about the song itself.

I think this is one of their best albums. I like The Art of Drowning and Black Sails in the Sunset a little more, but this is the most compelling album. Like I said before, it really brings out all their talent, and combines it to make one great album. Go buy it.