Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

Sing The Sorrow is far off a good album. It may not have the fast paced energy and anthem like songs that Black Sails and Art Of Drowning have but its still great. Miseria Cantarecan almost replace strength through wounding Jade Puget's guitar skills add a very unique sound. Unlike those you hear with regular chords. Hunter and Adam also helped pull it off. But Davey's voice ties the whole thing together. With his loud energetic yet melancholy voice really worked well. BUY THIS ALBUM!!!

I love how AFI's lyrics are very metaphorical and I enjoy how the words make you think about the whole song carefully. Unlike other bands AFI doesn't simply just say the words, they carefully compare them to very haunting yet beautiful things such as "voiceless ones" etc. Davey and Jade are lyrical geniuses! This really shows in the album. especially on this time imperfect and deathj of seasons. This time imperfect is my favorite song in the album. It is put in an un AFI like style, but I think they nailed the song excellently. The lyrics on sing the sorrow should be carefully thought out when listened to to get the full meaning.

Sing The Sorrow is a great album. I can't really compare it to black sails and art of drowning because it holds a style of its own, but it's still AFI. It's well done and it its very complete. song such as this time imperfect can really show this opinion. I still like art of drowning more though. This album is WORTH buying. I would buy this album again if I lost it. I love it that much. At first the album doesn't seem that well, but you got to listen a few more times to get the full effect amd appreciate the songs. Few AFI fans mght be disappointed bout their sound change, but I think AFI did well. And I deeply appreciate this album.