Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

AFI's sound is awesome. They got their own punk thing going on, unlike that retarded Blink 182. This punk is darker like grunge, but still punk. Jade Puget, the guitarist, is a much better guitarist than others like Blink 182. Jade Puget often plays barre chords, which sound much more fuller than just plain power chords. In the song, 'The Leaving Songp.2' he even finger taps the intro and fingerpicks the bridge. Now that's some versatility that people desperately in this music. The sound for this album is dark, moody, and brooding. Personally, I love this sound.

These are some of the best lyrics I've ever seen. Davey Havok is a great singer and songwriter. He can't be touched. Five all the way.

I've never had any other AFI records, but I'm sure this one is the best. This albun is great. If you like punk or grunge, you need to pick this one up. The best songs are The Leaving Song, The Leaving Song p.2, Dancing Through Sunday, Girls Not Gray and Paper Airplanes. Oh, and try to find that freaky hidden track song! I love it's so deep. Like for instance Jade Puget could just leave a song the way it is, but he always finds some other little guitar bit to go with it. In my opinion he's a great guitarist. Not exactly a guitar god, but awesome among today's standards. This album is definetly worth buying. If you're sick of all this wussy punk (Blink 182) pick this album up now!