Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

I own every Afi cd released to this day and I have to say that this one is definetly different. Not in a bad way though. Since their earlier cds Afi has matured and mellowed out. Since their first album "Answer That And Stay Fashionable" lead singer Davey Havok has gone from a sometimes horrible screech to a great mix of high pitched screaming and slow singing. A new changed yet Amazing sound from Afi.

The lyrics of this cd seem to have gotten even darker and more complex. If you listen to the chorus of "but home is nowhere..." and you understand it without reading the booklet then im very impressed. The lyrics of this album are definetly above "Black Sails" and I love them.

Overall this album is great. Even with a new sound Afi still pulls of a sweet album. The most impressive songs from the album have to be "This Time Imperfect" (damn secret track), "This Celluloid Dream", "But Home Is Nowhere...", and "The Great Dissapointment" has the best lyrics. If I lost this cd I would go buy it again instantly.