Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

This is a new direction for Afi, but I for one really like it. There sound is a lot heavier and less punkish, but they have great sound like always. Art of drowning just gets the edge over this one, but art of drowning is one of my favorite cds so its tough to beat.

Lyrics are amazing. The lyrics on this album are afis best in my opinion, because they are so well thought out and not just thrown together. There isnt one bit of filler on this whole album. Daveys vocals are some of the best in music today.

Art of drowning is my fave Afi cd, but this ranks second. It's a great cd filled with great guitar hooks and awesome vocal quality. Davey has truly mastered the whole scream sing technique (dancing through sunday, death of seasons, but home is nowhere). My favorite songs are Miseria Cantare, Leaving Song Pt 2, Dancing Through Sunday, Death Of Seasons, This Celluloid Dream, and ...But Home Is Nowhere. The secret song this time imperfect is really good too. I strongly recomend this album to anyone who likes old afi or new Afi. If I lost it I would buy it again.