Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

The sound of this album is truly unbelievable. I don't care if you think AFI has sold out, this is simply amazing when you think of AFI nearly not being a reality after high school. This album is the perfect example of a fire inside's musical talent. Although this album is a change from Black Sails and the even older material, the change is a very obvious change for the better. All of the people who call this a "pansy" album or say it isnt punk then you can listen to what you want, because this isn't a very punk album. Besides, why do people really want to define something by genre anyways?

Pefect. Davey is perfect. The songwriting is perfect. Davey writes for the listener, and what you take out of it not what he thinks. It's just up to you to understand it and what you take from it is what it means.

This album is two or three years old and I'm still listening to it regularly, and am still amazed. It definately surpasses many of todays albums, as well as some older albums. The most impressive song on this album isn't really a song at all. I was blown away by the poem after But Home Is Nowhere; and to think that Jade wrote two verses of it tells you that every member of this band is sheer genius. If this album was stolen, lost or broken, I would buy 2 more copies of it just in case something like that happened again.