Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

AFI are those bands for me that I always stay impressed when I hear a song of them because of their great sound, on this record Jade Puget keeps showing his great skills playing the guitar including amazing solo's from the slower to the stupidly technical and faster ones, Hunter makes the perfect match with Jade with the bass, Adam adds sticky rythms to the songs, and Davey's voice it's one of the voices that I prefer the must, his singing style is amazing and his voice its one of the best. They include a techno part on one of the songs that goes pretty cool. All together they just combine perfectly, this is one of the reasons that I like AFI they just play too good. I can assure you will like this record if you haven't hear it yet.

Davey Havok it's a great singer, he's got a great voice and he write really good lyrics, the tone of his voice and the lyrics match perfectly with their music style. The first time I heard this I get stick almost to every song.

I can't compare this album to any other this is one of a kind for me, it's a more mature style in comparisson with the preview ones. The songs I found really impressive are "The Leaving Song Pt. II" mainly because of the guitar tech and melody, "Silver Sad Cold" a really sticky lyric and sound, "Bleed Black", "Dancing Through Sunday" the solo it's amazing, "Girls Not Grey" the excelent first single of the album, "This Celluloid Dream," "The Leaving Song" the acoustic song of the album are one of those that gets you to important memories and "...But Home Is Nowhere." Well overall I must say I really like this album every song has something special, and if I lose it or it gets stolen I'll find the way to get it back at any cost I'm like the one of few ones that owns a original copy of this record at my country, I'll be really angry if I lose it. I'll miss it very much.

Captian Xero
    Wow. Im litarraly shocked. I expect less good reviews. I love everyone on UG. They arent all: oh theyre sell outs, oh these guys are gay. Naw. Ta hell with that. I only read the bad reviews. And i knew exactly where they were coming from and they proved they're point. i like that