Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

This record blew me a way with its mixture of styles. Everything from goth to punk to industrial to a gentle acoustic balldy-type song. The main thing that impressed me about this album was that no matter what wierd style the song was in the band never missed a beat and the vocals never felt out of place.

The lyrics weren't bad at all. They were emotional but definately not whiny like emo bands. The emotion and passion in the music is real and not fake. That is something that cannot be said of many bands today. The singer is very skilled both for his vocals and for his songwriting skills.

I love this album to death. This was the first album I have heard from AFI but I will definately go out and buy more. This is definately worth your $15. I love the mix of styles while still sounding punkish and sounding like crap (Limp Bizkit) If it were lost or stolen I would buy another copy and make up for lost time.

Ignite
    This is the best AFI album. For me, it's just the "perfect" album. Art of Drowning comes close though.