Sing the Sorrow review by AFI

• Released: Mar 11, 2003
AFI: Sing the Sorrow

First off all can say is nothing. The music is something like no other. I woke up one morning and turned on fuse and saw this man with long black hair jumping and I said I have no Idea who these guys are yet but wow. Once I heard the leaving song pt 2 and I was instantly hooked on them. The album is very dark with many subject to suicide and God (in my opinion I could be wrong) I then listened to there other CDs online and though very great I must say "Sing The Sorrow" stood straight out. It is amazing. And the guitar playing is genious.

The lyrics are very meaningful to me aswell. There are atlest 4 songs (that I pretty sure of) that deal with suicide and religion. The album seems to me to be dark in an abnormal way. Very sad in a new way. The lyrics scream at your face in a silent room if you listen to it. These songs very easily instill hope withen if listen carefully to. As far as Davey Havok goes. O my goodness. He has reached highs like never before. He hits high notes that Iv never heard in my life. He is by far the best singer other then James Hetfield I have ever heard. And considering I love metallica and I heard of AFI 3 years ago and I still don't know whose better. Trust me it's saying something. He is amazingly talented beyound all measure. And mixing this with his writing abilities is like good on a CD.

This album is one of the best I've heard. I broke mine so had it burnt till I had no bills to pay and went out to buy a new one. Yes it's worth buying over and over again. As I've said the songs are amazing. As I've said the lyrics are very meaningful. I wish I could say what type of music they are but their so good they scan many. What I love: Davey's voice, guitar playing, mood, and last and most the meaning of the song. What I hate: they should've put like 25 song on it because I love it. If this was stolen or lost once again would buy it again.

LordX
    Track 15 is known as "Synthesthesia", it is a great song.
    brokenunder
    i got this album yetserday and i love it, i think it is so much better thn decemberunderground
    standonealone
    I think this album is ok. It could have been a little better in my opinion. I like AFIs older stuff. Answer that and Stay fashionable is probably there top album. I like punk and hardcore, I specialize in it actually (goldenspike hardcore). I like the lyrics better talking about cereal and getting mohawks better than death and losses
    SkinnyWhiteBoy
    This album was quite good, and I don't think ANY former AFI fan can complain about Sing The Sorrow after they hear decemberunderground.
    mosh_rocker2006
    Yeah Sing the Sorrow is a great album, but Decemberunderground destorys this album like Chuck Liddell fighting Wee Man
    super_dude101
    mosh rocker i think he means that after you hear decemberunderground you will never bash this album again, not that after you hear decemberunderground u will never go back to this album, and i agree cause decemberunderground sucks, well at least i think so.
    eddy72
    dude decemberunderground doesn't suck but i don't think it's better than STS, i really like what jade can do on this album especially in the leaving song pt. 2 and the lyrics are awesome too
    juzzie_89
    After Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes, nine out of ten of AFI's songs stopped making sense
    Honestly I dont know how someone could complain about the lyrics not making sense on this album. This album has some of the most indepth lyrics I've seen, it takes time and effort to annotate them, I'd much rather that than being spoon fed simple minded lyrics and clear song meanings. One of the Strongest factors of this album is the 'BYO meaning' nature of the lyrics, eahc person can relate to a song differently. By far AFI's best work and by far my favourite album.
    Silent_Voice
    absolutely excellent album. each song seems to be better than previous and of course best afi's album till now...