The Art Of Drowning review by AFI

• Released: Sep 19, 2000
AFI: The Art Of Drowning

This CD I personnaly feel is AFI's strongest. This ablum has the more heavier feel then "Sing The Sorrow" and more faster "Punk Feel." The fast guitar, drums and basslines makes this CD incredable. Although there are no stand out guitar solo's you can tell Jade knows what he is doing. The last song on this ablum is my favorite "Morning Star."

Mr Davey Havok. What more can you expect but beautiful, brilliant lyrics and this ablum does not let you down. Everything he sings in this song is incredable, even though it is hard to understand him sometimes you know its incredable. Davey is the best lyricist I have ever seen and this ablum shows it beautifully.

This ablum although is much a heavier sound to AFI's newer record Sing The Sorrow, the same feeling can be felt. This ablum is the best one AFI has written. Davey yet again shows his beautiful singing voice and range. The most impressive song is Morning Star, it builds up to a heavy distorted guitar which blows you away. I would deffinatly bye this one again.

Ignite
    I love how this is the only AFI CD with a 10 rating. It's not my favorite, but for some reason, I feel it deserves it more than any other.
    kamjam7
    I've gotta get some other stuff of theirs. I got, sing sorrow and decemberunderground when i heard about them, and i think they're great. but it seems that all the big fans on here like the old stuff BETTER than those. I'm interested now.
    saintjimmy924
    I have all 3 major label AFI releases and love them all. I got Black Sails In The Sunset and liked it too, but for some reason this album doesn't do it for me. :/