The Music Of Eric Clapton review by After Midnight

After Midnight: The Music Of Eric Clapton

The sound on this album is great. Lead guitarist Mike has awesome tone to nail all the Clapton classics, and Danny's drum work is good. They are definately one of the best Eric Clapton cover bands that are signed to an label (After Midnight are signed to Pentagon Records). The vocal work on this album is good. Mike's vocals definately make up the classics of Clapton.

Considering this is the music of Eric Clapton, not much can be said on the lyrics as the band didn't write them. But the lyrics that Eric wrote were pretty good, but not exceptionally good. But netherless, the lyrics are good with the music. Some of the lyrics were written by other artists who After Midnight have covered on here, such as Bob Dylan's "Knocking On Heavens Door".

This album is definately a great addition for any Clapton fans who wish to listen to a wide variety of his msuic re-created by a great band. With the CD including classics such as "Layla" and "Tears in Heaven", it definately gives us the Clapton vibe. I recieved this album free after Mike saw an article about my accident in the paper, and saw I took up guitar, but if I lost/had this album stolen, I'd definately buy another. This is a quality album from a quality cover band.