Reinventing Axl Rose review by Against Me!

• Released: Jan 6, 2004
Against Me!: Reinventing Axl Rose

Against Me!'s first full length album was a great start that should be remembered as what put them on stage and not selling out to anyone. They were, and still are, maintaining their output to a samller crowd. For not selling out I give them a thumbs up! Now, this album, in my opinion, is an awesome experience of punk, folk rock, and acoustic styles that should not be overlooked. The only thing that you must keep in mind is not everybody likes against me. In fact, they appeal to only a few people who have an ear for their music. So either you like them or you hate them, there's no in between. But if you think you would like an acoustic/electric, lyrical, politcal, punk band I would highly recommend Against Me! and Reinventing Axl Rose (song & album).

Tom Gabel (lead vocals and guitar) writes some very powerful lyrics and sings his songs with great emotion. In "Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious..." the first line sang is "We're all presidents, we're all congressmen, we're all cops, in waiting, we're the workers of the world, there is thought of the elite and the dispossed..." That line is metaphorical of how hipocritical we all really are and how desensitized america is today. I'm not sure about you but that hits me pretty hard.

Reinventing Axl Rose is a one of a kind album that can only be compared with other against me albums. Songs like "We Laugh at Danger and Break All The Rules", "Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious..." "Reinventing Axl Rose" (the song itself), and "Walking Is Still Honest" are great examples of the entire album's power. If I ever lost this CD I would definately re-buy it, even though the whole album is already save on my computer!

blake_h
    Death_To_Emo wrote: One of my favorites too. Too bad they kinda suck now
    I wish I could tell you that you were wrong... still great live though