Conviction review by Aiden

• Released: Aug 21, 2007
Aiden: Conviction

Aiden has changed their sound, completely. But unlike many others, I like the change. This album is definetly not like the previous releases, no fast and heavy guitar and bass riffs & drum beats, no screams from wiL or the others. This album has Jake W's guitar riffs following Nick's bass riffs, while Angel does the technical lead parts that is heard in every song, barely any hammer-on's and pull-off's, or any kind of tricky instrumental licks that Aiden fans are accustomed to. But wiL has perfected his voice, and although this album is lacking energy and adrenaline, I still can't stop listening to it because of wiL's voice. And the sound is calming, this CD always puts me in a good, positive mood.

Aiden has stepped it up on the lyrics, and every song on this album can relate to someone's life, and that's what I love to hear from bands. Song's like "She Will Love You", "Darkness", and "Moment" are great songs to listen to if you're in love and it keeps you in the mood. Other song's like "Bliss", "Believe", and "Teenage Queen" are fun song's to just listen to. WiL's singing abilities have majorly improved, and it keeps me listening. The bonus tracks on the Best Buy version are interesting as well, both of them are about loss. "Here Lies the Waste" has a techno-like feeling to it, while "So Far Away" sounds like one of the other songs on the record.

Aiden is not the only band that changed their sound with bad reactions from their fans. A Static Lullaby turned off about half of their fans when "Faso Latido" was released. But I myself enjoyed that album, along with this one. I love this CD, some people like change, others do not. But "Conviction" is a great album that has great songs to listen to. One other thing that stands out the most about this album is that Aiden has completely turned their backs on screaming. But I am not complaining, I never thought their screams was any good.I love just about everything about this album, from the sound, to the lyrics, to the artwork. But it's a shame that Jake W is no longer with Aiden, and I still wonder what made him leave the band. If someone steals this CD or if I lost it, I would go out and buy another copy without trouble.