Nightmare Anatomy review by Aiden

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Aiden: Nightmare Anatomy

It's strange how yesterdays scum can be tommorow's heroes. Take Aiden's lead singer Will Francis for example he was addictied to heroin by the age of 14 and kicked out of his parents house at 15. By the year 200 he was planning the mass murder suicide (thank god he didn't). Formed in 2002 the band started doing local shows with only 5 songs written then recored a demo. Victory records snapped them when two member were still at school. From then it seems that Aiden will be goth punk heroes mixing a blend of punk metal and goth music their sound is fresh, unique and satisfying. The production lets this CD down a bit though.

Will's past seems like the influences of his dark lyrics. The lyrics are equally painful, beautiful, dark, emotional and exciting. The lyrics goes great with drop D guitars. Will's voice is different and hes the most energetic frontman I've ever seen. Top Notch.

People will compare them to My Chemical Romance but I don't think they are totally alike maybe enough to put them in the same genre. If you like AFI or My Chemical Romance buy this album. 01. Knife Blood Nightmare - great intro cool guitars dark lyrics catchy chorus. 02. Last Sunrise - a heavy fast pace intro with an uplifting chorus and impressive screaming. 03. Die Romantic - best song on the album really catchy chorus more dark lyrics a good heavy part with a lot of screaming. 04. Breathless - slow quiet start then burst into a punk rock beat another feel good chorus. 05. Unbreakable - decent intro good impact with drums and singing good chorus. 06. It's Cold Tonight - cool guitar intro really drak lyrics the chorus make a huge impact. 07. Enjoy The View - above average song nothing special. 08. Goodbye We're Falling Fast - the guitars are quite metal on this song has great singing this is best live though you get the true impact of it best part is where will and the other scream "But I Still Love Her." After hearing this album Aiden are now one of my favourite bands if it were stolen I'd go crazy then buy another copy. The only downfall is that the production is quite poor. Still a great album. buy it.